2008年12月25日 星期四

They're Baaack

Name: Arwen Chen (49712057)
Reaction Article #12
Date:12/26/2008
From: Newsweek

Reactions
According to “They’re Baaaack,” with economic pressures mounting, more adult children are moving back home, putting a crimp in mom and dad's second honeymoon.


If I were married and had adult children that were moving back home to live with me and my husband due to the economic depression, I would definitely welcome them to move back in for sure. Indeed, for my kids, moving back can not only save their money on rent but also on other various payments, such as water, electricity, gas, etc. However, their moving back doesn’t mean that they don’t have to anything for the house. Instead, of course, they still have to share the home’s chores and responsibilities and payments.

Although I agree with Andrea saying “it was wonderful to really get a chance to get to know each other again as a couple – not a couple with kids,” but sometimes reality bites, so we’ve got to come to terms with it. I’m sure it would be wonderful to have and enjoy the time that only me and my partner without having to take care of children, which is our second honeymoon; however, in my opinion, living with adult children doesn’t mean that we won’t have our privacy anymore and can’t to anything we want to do. In contrast, since me and my husband and my children all r adult, I believe there is a healthy degree of mutual respect between us.

Above all, my house is never close to my children. (248)


沒有留言: