2008年12月3日 星期三

The Smile in the Sky

Name: Arwen Chen (49712057)
Reaction Article #9
Date:12/05/2008
From: Daily Mail

The Smile in the Sky


My reactions
At December 2nd 2008 night, a rare cosmic alignment of the planets Venus and Jupiter meant they produced a smiling face with the crescent moon in the sky. This unusual phenomenon, with Venus as the left eye and Jupiter the right, took place between 8pm and 11pm. The cosmic cheer is not due to reappear in the skies over Australia until 2036.

What a pity! At around 8:30pm that night when I was rehearsing our English drama, my dad called and told me about this smiley moon, saying the scene was quite beautiful and introduced me to appreciate it as well. I walked out of the Language Center, and looked for the moon. Sadly, I couldn’t find it, for the tall trees along the roads blocked my sight. Therefore, I walked back to the Language Center, with a little disappointment.

As I back to the dorm. I went on searching for the “smiley moon”. After looking around in the sky for like 10 minutes at the cold night, I hated to announce that I failed again. These tall buildings might have been the vital factor that made my sight blocked again.

Okay. This time the mysterious “smiley face” did successfully and entirely arouse my intense curiosity about it. Therefore, I googled it on the Internet and then saw the news about it with several pictures attached.

At the sight of those pictures, I was blown away. This huge smiley face in the sky indeed made me smile. And it was so cute and beautiful! Never have I had a chance to take a look at such an amazing appearance of the sky. Therefore, I hope I’ll get to take in such a spectacular scene in person in year 2036. (289)

沒有留言: