2008年11月20日 星期四

Will My Marriage Last

Name: Arwen Chen (49712057)
Reaction Article #7
Date:11/21/2008
From: News Week

My Reactions
Mr. Jefferson, who is a homosexual, got married last Saturday with his man. However he has to bear the possibility that the validity of the marriage might fail as the Preposition 8 passes. Will his marriage last? Next Tuesday, Californians will head to the polls. How millions of strangers cast their votes will affect the most intimate parts of his life.

In my opinion, as long as two individuals love each other whatever their genders and races are, they can get married, and they definitely deserve the rights. To me, getting married, positively, has its own significant meaning. It is not only about signing a social contract but also a commitment I make with my partner- I’m settling down, I want to live the rest of my life with my man. And I believe that is also a few others’ perspective. Since I am guaranteed the freedom of getting married, homosexuals are entitled to as well. Therefore, love should be the most fundamental reason for marriage and that people should be free to choose their marriage partners on the basis of it.

Besides, I oppose to the opinion that children can be turned homosexuals if they encounter ones or learn anything about the “homosexual lifestyle.” Being homosexual is a matter of hormones. The reason why in the past there weren’t gays or lesbians known is because that it was not accepted by the multitude. Now that the social trend is getting more and more freethinking, it is about time to free them from this suppression.(255)

沒有留言: