2008年11月6日 星期四

Scientist gives beauty some of its mystery back - for now

Name: Arwen Chen (49712057)
Reaction Article #6
Date:11/07/2008
From: World Science

My Reactions


According to “Scientist gives beauty some of its mystery back – for now,” much scientific opinion has gathered in support of the answer –beauty is just the average and the result suggests that averageness is one component of attractiveness.

In my opinion, it’s a really interesting and impressive report. At first I was rather surprised at the result, for I used to think that it was the uniqueness that made a beauty. However, after a while I came to realize and agree with the result which also supports my personal theory–in general, an individual with a great diversity of genes is likely to possess a better-looking or even good-looking face. Actually I have always thought that one with more sunken eyeholes and a straight and outstanding nose compose a good-looking face. For instance, the mixed-blood are always thought of as beautiful girls or handsome boys. By “the mixed-blood” I mean are not only referred to the interracial people such as the half Asian-half Caucasian and the half Latin-half Negro but also referred to the half Aborigine-half Hokkien as well as the half Hakka-half Hokkien. According to my observation, most of them are quite good-looking individuals. Therefore, I think the greater diversity of their genes account for such a phenomenon.(224)


沒有留言: