2008年10月16日 星期四

Iceland needs IMF aid, says local minister

Name: Arwen Chen(49712057)
Reaction Article #3
Date:10/172008
From: China Post

My Reactions
According to AFP in “Iceland needs IMF aid, says local minister,” Iceland is at the risk of national bankrupt owing to its domestic bank crisis and global financial crisis.


“Iceland is going national bankrupt.”

“What? Are you kidding? How could this thing possibly happen? Iceland has been a quite rich country, hasn’t it?” Those questions all flashed into my mind at the same time at the sight of my reading the news on the headline of China Post.

What a huge shock! It is so unbelievable that I still can’t believe it even though three days have passed since the day I happened to see this piece of unexpected shocking news.

However, knowing that Iceland is under heavy debt, asking Russia for a load to stop the collapse of its economy, I feel greatly concerned with the Icelandic people, for more and more people’s lives are bound to get tougher and tougher, causing them to become more and more pessimistic and gloomy. As a consequence, suicide occurs, which is the last thing everyone expects to see.

I hope that an economic program which could be worked out with the Icelandic authorities will be come up with soon to tide over not only this country, Iceland, but also the financial crisis of the entire world. And I also earnestly hope that all the Icelandic people won’t lose their faith;instead they work together and fight with the panick situation, and survive the hard times.(255)


沒有留言: